Symptom-free testing is now available for everyone.
Anyone who lives or works in Medway can now book a coronavirus (COVID-19) symptom-free test. This is especially important if you’re leaving your home for an essential reason including:
- leaving home for work
- to go food shopping
- for exercise
- for a medical reason
1 in 3 people with coronavirus have no symptoms. It is important to book regular symptom-free tests every 2 weeks to help protect each other, including our loved ones.
Bookings slots are on a first come, first served basis.
Please continue to follow the safety advice to help stop the spread of COVID-19 in Medway. Read the stay at home guidance.
Booking a test
You must complete all bookings individually for each household member. If you have a family of 4, then you must make 4 bookings.
Do not book a test if you are self-isolating or have any of the following symptoms:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- loss or change of smell or taste.
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
View more coronavirus symptoms
If you do have coronavirus symptoms book a NHS test.
Testing centre locations
The testing centres are in the following locations:
- Chattenden Community Centre, Swinton Avenue, Chattenden, Rochester, ME3 8PH
- The Student Hub (The Deep End), North Chatham Maritime, Chatham, ME4 4AG
- The Oast House, Granary Close, Rainham, ME8 7SG. There is no parking at this site but there is a pay and display car park nearby on Station Road. And if you have limited mobility, you may prefer to use an alternative centre. Station Road is currently closed at the railway crossing due to essential work by Network Rail.
- Rochester Cathedral, Garth House, The Precinct, Rochester, ME1 1SX.
- Medway Park, Mill Road, Gillingham, ME7 1HF. You will need to pay for parking on site.
Opening hours: 9am to 7pm, Monday to Sunday.
Medway Park is open 9am to 7pm, Monday to Friday.
If you're driving, please park considerately, especially in residential areas.
Before you book
To book a test you must:
- confirm you're eligible
- confirm you do not have coronavirus symptoms
- provide details about yourself including your name, date of birth, email address, postcode and contact details
About the symptom-free test
About your appointment (including what ID to bring with you)